After a long time… still alive and back here!
By dotcommon on 17/06/2010
fSimpleX version 3.0!
Until August 2011, NoBlogs.org was using the LifeType blogging platform. So this blog was using fSimpleX, a free (GNU GPLv3) template for the LifeType blogging platform by al3xu5/dotcommon (based on the fSimple theme by Fredrik Fahlstad).
The fSimpleX 3.0 template I was using is available at the fSimpleX downloads page of this site.
Release notes (fSimpleX 3.0, 17/06/2010):
- Layout fully revisited and code optimized! Now pages have a liquid 2 columns right-menu layout which comes with a lot of improvements:
- percentage widths
- no CSS hacks
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) friendly (the the left-hand main page comes first, then the right column)
- full length column background colours
- no images
- resizable text compatible
- no quirks mode (XML declaration to display correctly in older versions of IE is not required)
- no IE conditional comments
- high browser compatibility
- valid XHTML 1.0 strict
- valid CSS 2.1
- Better graphics (css)
- Better images (from the gnome theme image set)
- Fixed a lot of minor code bugs
Posted in Free software
By dotcommon on 02/06/2010
By dotcommon on 25/05/2010
SLiM (Simple Login Manager) is a desktop-independent graphical login manager for X. It aims to be light and simple, although completely configurable through themes and an option file; is suitable for machines with low hardware resources and/or machines on which remote login functionalities are not needed.
The SlimGnewsense 1.1 theme is available at the SlimGnewSense downloads page of this site.
The SlimGnewsense theme consists of:
- a configuration file (config.theme), released under the GNU GPLv3 license;
- a background image (background.png) with the gNewSense logo, released under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license;
- a panel (login) image (panel.png), released under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.
To install the SlimGnewsense 1.1 theme:
download the compressed theme file and unpack it (you will have a slim-gnewsense-1.1 folder):
$ wget href="http://bitfreedom.noblogs.org/files/2010/08/slim-gnewsense-1.1.tar.bz2 $ tar -jxvf slim-gnewsense-1.1.tar.bz2
move the theme folder to the SLiM’s themes folder:
$ sudo mv slim-gnewsense-1.1 /usr/share/slim/themes
edit the SLiM configuration file (/etc/slim.conf) the way to set the current-theme option row to: